The Solaria Chronicles; continued
For a few seconds, she almost believed Balance. ALMOST. And then an assurance by someone very dear to her replayed in her head. "I'm real enough for anyone who matters! And I refuse! I'VE given YOU enough chances, Balance, and I won't stand for one more threat you utter against my family!"
The light-elemental backed up three steps, moving her right hand in a slow circle, setting the glowing design she had called from the Eternus Crystal spinning languidly. "I call forth from the depths of time and space, that which has been preserved. Last ancient of the time before, I call your name through the winds of years long past. Trapped without due reason, I give you the ability to wreak your vengeance! D'Elaene! Please aid me!"
A silver thread formed in midair in front of the circling design, growing and stretching until a spirit-representation of a beautiful silver dragon stood proudly between Lucis and Balance. “I will grant your request for aid in my mate’s name, child.” The spirit rushed backwards into the design, which lit to near-blinding capacity.
“Saeheno lenae dotoeta nuroe doegomaenasentosiu!” The long burst of Solarian was accompanied by Lucis taking three steps forward and hesitating. ‘Oh Kal’drystz, I really don’t want to do this! But I’m afraid of her hurting someone I love. …I’m afraid of what I’ll become if I do, but can’t stand the thought of what will happen if I don’t. I don’t want to become to Kite and Serrie what Balance is to me. I would never want to hurt them, or order them to hurt those they care about, for the sake of getting my own way. I’m so scared… What do I do? Please, I don’t want to do this… Please, let there be another way to stop her… Please, please…. I can’t. She’s horrible, and she’s killed innocent people, but so have I. And she’s still my mother. I can’t kill her, I don’t want to, but I won’t let her kill the people I care about either. Please, please, can’t there be a happy medium? I don’t want to take over! I just want to stay how I am! I’m too afraid of losing myself! I’ve been lost for eons before this, and I don’t want to go back to that!’
The spirit-dragon’s summoning runes roared and a flare of her energy surrounded Lucis before forming a concentrated sphere of it around her right arm, which she swung in a partial circle in front of her, an arc following slowly. "Solaria Crisis Capacity!" Everything flared with silver-gold light in a soundless explosion that sent Balance to the floor, smoking a fair amount but otherwise not too damaged. 'Damn it. Barely a scratch. This is going to SUCK.' Almost as proof of her statement's validity, a few white energy-strands burst behind Balance and whipped out at Lucis, slamming right through the split-second barrier the light-elemental had thrown up and slashing out at her, throwing her into the far wall and away from the Eternus Crystal, leaving her bleeding and severely bruised, if not with several broken bones and a minor concussion.
'You are yet young and naïve, believing in the good of others and your 'family', Light. It may yet temper with age if you give in now.' Balance's mind-speak was meant to show the dominance, power, and control that came with living and aging; all it served to do was prove to Lucis that she didn't understand.
"Not a chance, cohael!" Balance would know that. She would know Lucis was calling her no better than a demon. No better than the least of the semi-mortals. Balance would know. And Balance would get angry. That was Lucis’ current plan. Get her as pissed as she could, and wait for her to slip up and make one fatal mistake. She just needed ONE little opening, and that was it.
No comments:
Post a Comment